BookWoman began 45 years ago in an upstairs shop on Guadalupe. We started out as a collective called The Common Woman Bookstore (based on the Judy Grahn poem.) From there we moved into Susan's house at the time, and then we became BookWoman and moved to 6th Street. Then we moved to 12th and Lamar, and since 2008 we're located at 5501 North Lamar (the location pictured above).
As you remember your own rich herstory with BookWoman or as you start your sure-to-be-long relationship with her, remember that where you spend your dollars does make a difference.
1. Shop at BookWoman and tell your friends, neighbors, and family to shop here, too.
2. Give a BookWoman or BookSense gift certificate to your friends and to all of the women and girls in your life.
3. BookGroups, order your group selections from BookWoman.
4. Authors, invite us to sell books at your publication parties and speaking engagements.
5. Proclaim your individuality with t-shirts and jewelry from BookWoman.