BookWoman is STILL requiring masks for ALL customers entering our store. Please help keep our staff and friends with disabilities safe by masking up in BookWoman!
Don't Ask the Blind Guy for Directions: A 30,000-Mile Journey for Love, Confidence and a Sense of Belonging (Paperback)
Discover how to turn differences into opportunities with an accessibility expert's worldwide search for belonging.
After a diagnosis of a degenerative eye disease, John Samuel's life-and his chance at success-started to vanish.
In a world systemically unequipped for accessibility, disability inclusion is often left out of conversations about diversity. For people with disabilities, it can feel impossible to adapt and thrive when you're already set up for failure.
A more accessible world is possible-when we see the amazing opportunities in our differences.
From traveling the world and hiking mountains to finding love and raising a family, Don't Ask the Blind Guy for Directions shares Ablr CEO and cofounder John Samuel's inspirational journey against his inevitable blindness as he searched for acceptance. A powerful story for both professionals with disabilities and individuals working to create an inclusive culture at any organization, this memoir will empower you to accept yourself and others, break down barriers, and rebuild a world where everyone belongs.
- A heartfelt, insightful perspective of someone who is visually impaired and his day-to-day challenges.
- How to embrace your diagnosis or disability as an advantage for achieving your dreams.
- The incredible value those with disabilities can bring to organizations, no matter the business or industry.
- How anyone can be an ally and help remove organizational, digital, and performance barriers in the workplace.
- How to plan and implement a disability inclusion strategy within your company.
Embracing disabilities can lead to the greatest triumphs. Get Don't Ask the Blind Guy for Directions and start seeing acceptance as a powerful resource for change.